Thursday, July 18, 2013

Miles 9 &10 Months

So I am SUPER behind with his monthly posts, so I thought I would do a 9 and 10 combo meal. Because my computer has been OUT OF COMMISSION. Well actually Miles sucked on the end of my charger, and it stopped working. So...I got a new one in the mail yesterday! Wahoo! 

Well the most exciting news for Miles is HE IS WALKING!!!! (Ignore that I am on the phone at the time with my mom)

He started standing up at 8 months, then he learned how to stand up by himself and it was just days after that that he started taking steps.
He actually took his first steps with Erica, at a thrown together softball game, so both Brad and I missed it.
He seems to do all of his first things when we aren't present-or not by our doing.
His first giggles was with Echo at Thanksgiving when he was just 2 months old...
Brad was there, I was in the other room and I came in.
And his first steps were with Erica. 
He loves his parents :)
So I took his nine month pictures a little late because we were in Georgia visiting Brad's brother and sister in law, Mike and Janeen whom I love and got to know so much better on that trip (which I need to post about-don't worry its on my mile long to do list).
Oh my baby. He is just growing up too fast.
I wrote a lot of things done to talk about last month, and they all mesh together with this 10 month, so I guess it doesn't really matter 'when' he did these things...just that he is doing them.

He is always full of energy. He sings himself to sleep, and he sings in his sleep! Cracks me up. When we were in Utah he was asleep, and had just started to clap his hands together and he was clapping in his sleep. Makes me laugh so hard. Who claps in their sleep? A baby, a cute little baby who just learned how to clap.

This face kills me. He is a tease and a ham. He always blows raspberries, and he will do it for hours at a time. If someone toots, he will do it, if he hears a truck he will do it. If someone says, "Oh what a cute little baby," he will do it. 

Brad and I always turn on music in the kitchen when we are eating or cooking and we dance around and dance with each other. Mostly Brad pretends to be some provocative Thunder from Down Under dancer, which is hilarious and also weird, but Miles started dancing and he basically just sways back and forth and claps his hands. But he will be playing and minding his own business then hear music and start swaying back and forth, then just keep playing. Sweetie pie.

He still sees my camera and just squints to prevent being blinded. Probably a sign I take too many pictures of him.

Sometimes I get lucky and get a good one.
He has started playing peek a boo. FINALLY I've been playing that with him for forever!
He does it to the people behind him on the plane, he does it if he finds a blanket on the floor. He even does it repeatedly when no one is even playing with him.
 He puts it over his eyes or head-usually not even covering his eyes, and then pulls it down quick. He will do it 100 times. Usually its me that gives up.
He also does patty cake and I caught him marking it with an M-on his own!

He seriously loves to move. If I am laying on the ground he will just come over and climb and crawl all over me, just for the new challenge. And he will probably rip my hair out just for fun too.
These monthly photo shoots are getting difficult. He won't sit still and he climbs everywhere.
I had to have Brad help me.

This is what it came to. Full restraints.

He has started to say mamama, he said da da a long time ago.

But when he gets hurt or he is hungry he just says mamamama. Sometimes it even sounds like momee.
Melts my heart the little cheek.

When he gets excited he will shake or clench his fists and smile.
Like when dad comes home he will get so excited he will shake and smile and lunge at him.
These 10 month pictures I waited till the end of the day (So the lighting is terrible) and he was spent..it was like 10 pm. And So Brad said, oh lets let him watch baby einstein then he will hold still for the pictures.
Because he was ripping and tearing and wouldn't sit still.

And trying to get the camera.

So these are my 10 month pictures. Vegged out baby einstein lover.

Such a good picture right?? NO.

Ha, hand on crotch, eyes closed from flash. High quality picture here.

So this photo shoot is terrible, but bear with me. 
This little babe throws a mean tantrum when he is tired and something goes awry. 
He does have a little temper and sometimes I wonder what the future will bring.
Especially when he gets so mad he bites his hand and clenches his fists.
Oh the temper.

He also is very vocal, always singing and talking. Makes church a real treat.
He also will throw something when he gets mad (this is only when he is over tired-normally he doesn't throw tantrums if I keep his sleep in check-but vacationing a lot over month 9 and 10 caused for a lot of sleep deprivation. 

When you put food on his high chair tray, he just thinks its fun to take his hand and power wipe it back and forth till everything is off of the tray, or he hits the tray really hard and watches everything bounce off. Then he gets mad when he has no food to eat. Which has led to me hand feeding the little silly face.

When he smiles his face scrunches up and he gets all squinty.
Like so....
Oh my baby.

(Totally drugged out from BEinstein)
When playing at friends houses he likes to crawl on top of them. 
Kinda like king of the rock type idea.
He is really active and so he gets along well with older kids just because they are also mobile and really active.  And he can't hurt them by crawling on them or trying to touch their face, which he doesn't know how to touch softly so he basically just hits.

He will check something out just by scratching it and observing it. He has to examine and explore everything.
His favorite book is animal sounds. Super retro book. Super simple, But he will just laugh when you read it to him. First book we ever read to him, and he seriously loves it.


He really has the sweetest heart. He will be playing then see me and come over to me and lay his head down on me for just a second. Just giving me a little love.
He does it to someone when he first meets them too, mostly other kids and babies. Oh he is the sweetest. He met our friends adorable little baby Staehli and they full on frenched each other upon meeting, but we think they are going to get married.
Today he kept giving cuddles to his little bear. Oh he melts your heart.


He always has a block or a duck or some toy in his mouth while he crawls around. I don't know what he has going on with the whole mouth thing, but he can't get enough of just something in his mouth at all times. He still loves his binky and mommas milkies.
He is starting to understand certain things we say repeatedly, like
can I have a kiss?-he will lean in and give you a kiss
or do you want some milkies?-he will crawl to me and pull my shirt
or where's Mr. Miles?- he will find something to hide behind and pop out again

He really has trouble with the flash...
He always pushes around the garbage can like a walker...
I threw an old piece of bread away and it was right on top of the garbage and I walked into the kitchen and he was pushing the garbage around while he had the whole piece of bread hanging out of his mouth. Gross.
If you come to my house all the toilet paper rolls will be re-rolled because I think we could have the world record for how fast it can be unrolled. He just hits about four times really quick and wahla! The whole thing is on the ground.

We got him a toy guitar for fun while we were in Utah and he loves it. 
It is already beat to heck, because he loves throwing everything and he carries it around a lot then he throws it and picks it back up again then throws it again.
He loves mirrors, and giving kisses. 
We went to go see my friends baby in the hospital and he kept crawling over and peeking at her on the hospital bed. I of course started crying when I saw her, I'm still emotional and in love with seeing a baby for the first time. I don't know if that will ever get old. Watch me have 2309423 kids. No I'm not my mom. 
So he loves Baby Einstein more than anything else, and its our LAST resort, because I can't handle babies that are addicted to that kind of thing, and he loves it so much and so Brad turned it off and...

The tears came.

It was completely devastating.

And coping just wasn't going to happen.

We couldn't handle the pain.

It was just overwhelming pain inside.

Our little cheek is full of energy and love. He is a busy body who can tear apart my house in minutes. I'm trying to teach him to clean up and help me, so I'll take his hand and have him pick up his toys with me. He gets confused and throws them back out....Like...uh Mom they don't go in there, that's why I keep throwing them everywhere.

I don't even know how to caption this. It could go so many different ways.
Mom, but you said I didn't have to use my car seat anymore! You lied!
You put peas in the applesauce. I'll never forgive you!
I overheard you telling dad you were going to take my binkie away when I turn 2. My only friend-GONE!
They said these two teeth I have are going to fall out. They are the ONLY ONES I HAVE!

I could go on forever.
Love this little monkey.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's refreshing to know that my husband isn't the only Thunder from Down Under wanna be. Mine likes to break into dance in the middle of Home Depot.