Monday, June 2, 2008

Thrifty: Elder Packer

So Elder Packer gave this talk and the famous words were used:

Use it up. Wear it out. Make it do. Or do without.

Now I am just trying to decide how I can apply this to my life in everyway. I made a short list of five things I can do better. Now this is kinda cheezy in a way, but just read it and enjoy.
#1: Stop buying things that I function without. Like shoes. I'm so bad at this one. So bad. #2: Cut your toothpaste tube open and squeeze out the remainder. (About 3 months ago I was like, "wow I'm out of toothpaste" and now I am still using that same tube of toothpaste. You ask how? I cut open the bottom :)
#3: Drive the old car compared to the new, and just think of how much money you saved :) And don't covet somebody with that new Lexus, because they are most likely in debt.

#4: Wear things out, and if you cant stand to look at it, make sure it goes somewhere it can be used. Like the DI, or younger siblings :) (this pic is a little extreme)


#5:Give Give Give. Give more. (Give said the little stream)

No comments: