Friday, August 16, 2013

Miles growing up...again...11 Months

Somehow the time is just getting away from me. 
One day he is born, the next he is 11 months old.
Next month I know I'm going to cry.
I'm going to cry because my first little baby is 1.
Oh how he has changed.
He is SO full of energy, so curious. If he hears something he has to see what it is.
He will crane his neck, and lean his entire body over to see another baby, or to see a puppy, or something exciting.
He still chews on EVERYTHING.
Poor little guy is getting 5 teeth all at once right now. One on the bottom and 4 on the top! We just keep him loaded up with medicine. We were letting him chew on cold celery and he will carry it around with him all day, but it was all bloody. Poor baby.
We went to the doctor last month and he was 30% for weight (that dropped A LOT) but she wasn't worried because he started walking so early, that made him trim down. His head was 40% (so all you people who have told me he has a big head...he doesn't). His height was 70%! So we are glad he is going to be a tall bean pole-not so much a football player right now. Mommy's got you all geared up for basketball anyway.
Daddy wants baseball, and golf. Mommy thinks you are going to be a well rounded athletic child. Soccer, basketball, football, baseball, golf, volleyball, you will play them all. (Minus tennis-your parents are terrible at tennis baby love).

Miles can do patty cake, wave byebye (for like 3 months now, I just am mentioning again) he JUST started blowing kisses-FINALLY-I swear he sings EIEIO from Old MacDonald. . 
He says "doe" after we say Let's Go!
He plays peek a boo constantly, and sometimes with himself in the mirror, going out of view and then back into view. Cracks me up.
He follows me around everywhere and is pulling on everything, throwing everything, pulling everything out of the cupboards and drawers.
The other day we had cut a bunch of coupons out of a coupon book, and he would pick them up and put them in one hand and walk around, then he would drop one, lean over pick it up with his empty hand and stuff it into his full hand full of coupons. I thought it was funny, but he does it with EVERYTHING. He will stuff all the socks in one hand. His favorite thing to carry around is a sock. So weird. He also always puts something in his mouth and walks around. Like a rubber duck, where only the head fits in his mouth. Such a little dorky pants. 

Lately he loves dance parties. We turned Britney Spears on Itunes yesterday and just danced for about an hour. I would put him down and he would start to cry, then I would try to get him to dance by himself. He just rocks back and forth. Cutest ever. He laughs so hard when we hold him and dance around the room. He will hear music in the distance and randomly start dancing. 
When we are in stores together and he is in the shopping cart. He will reach out and grab everything.
Then I just keep going hoping he will let go, but he doesn't and so by the end of my shopping trip I have 15 things in my cart that he put in. I also just stick him in the big part of the cart, and he plays with everything in the cart, so when we get up to check out-half the tags are soaking wet and won't scan. Thank you Mr. Miles.

He makes all these funny sounds that Brad and I always laugh and try to duplicate.
Like he will say 'oh' but it will go up on the end so its like oooooooooowwwwhhhh.
Hard to explain. But so cute.

He won't sit still for anything, and he basically just closes his eyes when he sees my camera, just to avoid the flash.

So most of our pictures look like this. Sensitive eyes.
He can play alone and he will read a book for like 5 minutes at a time, talking and flipping the pages, its so cute. He has started getting up on his head and feet, like he is about to do a summersault, but then he just looks at us while he is upside down. Its a new exciting thing for him....(or he's absolutely nuts).
Speaking of nuts, like all little boys we have to full restrain him when we change his diaper, or he will just not leave himself alone. How his parts are still intact is beyond me.
Apparently that is normal for little boys, pulling and stretching themselves to the absolute extreme.
We just say, "Oh ouchie! Don't do that! That will give you an ouchie!"

He always carries around his little teddy and gives him loves, by hugging and kissing. Melts my heart.
The other night at my soccer game, he was behind the plastic wall (imagine like a hockey game) and I ran over and he was smiling so big and he clenches his fists and smiles and grits his teeth and shakes when he gets excited, its so funny. Its like he can't manage his excitement. I love it.
We have a back yard that is as big as your bathroom (jk its bigger) and we have a back door that is glass, so we can see out there, and he thinks its so great when he can see us but the door is closed, and he comes over with a double dimple grin and pounds on the window so hard smiling as big as ever.
I don't think you can see through anymore with all the little handprint smudges.

When I think about how tired he makes me, or how busy he is, or how my house literally looks like we dumped everything all over the floors at the end of the day, I think "wow this is hard work". But when I think about him smiling and laughing as I dance and swing him around, I could just cry, because he is mine, and I love him more than my heart can contain.

These 11 months have been the best in my life, and ya, having a baby was rough-the whole process, but you know, I'm going to do it again, because this little champ was worth it. And I tell him how much I love him everyday, and I will for the rest of our lives. (Brad tells me I need to not be so clingy when he gets married-or that could get weird) So no matter his amount of energy, or energy sucking I should say, he is the cutest thing. And when he comes over to me after dumping his millionth bucket of toys and dragging it across the room, and lays his head on my chest briefly before he goes about his business again, I melt, I melt and sometimes its all I can do to keep from crying, because he loves me, and he appreciates me for keeping him alive. And he may hit me rapidly with both hands excitedly to show me, but those moments of sweetness make my heart just drizzle down to my stomach. Oh I love him.

He sleeps through the night-besides this teething spazy time, he wakes up once and is so distraught I feed him and he basically just nurses himself back to sleep for comfort. He goes to bed at 8 and wakes up at 9, he's a little dream. And oh how my life has changed when I get more than 3 hour chunks of sleep.

He goes back and forth between 1 and 2 naps, when he takes 2 he is a happier child, but sometimes he just takes a monster 3 hour nap in the middle of the day. We are easy going and just go with the flow, if he isn't cranky or tired we stay awake, and power through the morning nap.

Lately my favorite thing has been to let him wake up and start singing and talking to himself, as I watch him on the video monitor, he just lays down and plays with his blankie, or plays with his toes, singing and talking all the while. He says, ba ba ba ba, buh buh buh duh.


He loves animals with all his heart, and gets so excited and scared at the same time. He pats them and kisses them and will book it across the entire park to see a dog that looks so terrifying.
He won't wear shoes and always takes them off, but he is walking everywhere so I feel bad letting him be shoeless everywhere we go, but man, I cannot keep shoes on him.

The other day I was so sick and I laid on the couch and let him hold my phone and watch baby einstein. I woke up here and there, but he laid by me for like 2 hours. I woke up and he had my shorts drawstring in his mouth and it was soaking wet, and he was just watching his baby einstein. Saved me. 
It was a good cuddle day.

His hair is getting so long and only behind his ears and on the top, time for a chop chop, we will see how that goes today when we go over to our friend Carissa's house and she helps us.
Now we have what I like to call: the series of Miles trying to keep his eyes open for the picture despite the blinding flash.

Oh you almost had it little friend.


Valiant effort here.

And a little peek.....not quite there, but almost have it...

And we couldn't come through.

Well we just need to keep trying.

Oh there we go a little pupil showing.


And its a wrap.....after several attempts, Miles Clark was unable to come through with eyes.

He still goes by: cheeky, baby bear, pumpkin bear, cheeky bear, cheeky loves, baby bear cheeky pants, and basically any combo using the words above. 
He is starting to climb off of things by turning around and dropping to the floor, sometimes he is successful, sometimes he has scrapes and bruises from his failed attempts. He will do anything to get to Brad when he is playing his guitar. He will cling at your legs when you are eating, he always wants to try whatever you have, and he will come back for more depending on what it is. 
He is not shy but the other Sunday at church we teach Primary and we kept the door open because its a sauna, and my friend was out there beckoning to him to come out and he was holding on to my leg so tight and he would not let go and he kept peeking out from my leg smiling to see her, but I drug him around as I tried to help Brad teach primary.
His favorite games are "I'm gonna get cha" Where we chase him around as he runs away from us and we tickle him when we catch him.
"Who wants a pizza!?" Where Brad spins a pillow on his finger and Miles puts his hand there and lets it hit his hand over and over as it spins.
Dance parties.
Mom and Dad stacking blocks up really high and he hits them over, then tries to help stack them.
Pulling everything out of bags, cupboards and dragging them around the room forever.


He is my sweetie heart, and we are so happy he is ours.
Happy 11 months baby cheeky bear love.
(Like I said, we have some nice name combos goin on for him)

No comments: