Thursday, September 20, 2012

Miles Layton Clark Our Baby

As you may know, I had my baby.
Miles Layton Clark
7lbs 15 ounces
20.5 inches
Born on Sept 15, 2012 at 2 AM
More details on birth later. Birth story in progress. We need to compare this baby, its urgent.

I always said when I was pregnant, "Nobody prepared me for pregnancy. Nobody told me how sick you get, or how uncomfortable it is."

Right after the baby was born I said, "Nobody told me that this would make me the happiest person I have ever been, nobody told me that."

Everybody did tell me that once you have the baby you forget about pregnancy.
Which I think is misworded.
It should be, once you have the baby, you will see that little baby is worth any pain and suffering, and all the pain and suffering in the world, and you would do it as many times as your body can endure, because the joy is unexplainable when that baby is put onto your chest for the first time.

I have said a million times:
"I should have done this sooner, this baby is the greatest gift from God."
"Brad, did you ever think we could be this happy?"
"Every couple considering having a baby, stop considering and do it, it is the best thing that has ever happened to me aside from marrying Brad."

I have been looking at him, while he has been looking at me, and I am overcome with the greatest spiritual feeling and I pull him into my chest and sob and pray and thank God for this amazing little baby.

I am trying to convey to you, that having a baby has been the most challenging and rewarding accomplishment I and Brad have ever done in our lives. We love it, and we love baby Miles.

Now...I am working on the birth story: with pictures! But it is something that I don't know if I am ready to revisit emotionally yet. It was such an overwhelming amount of joy that I can barely look at the pictures and I am in this grateful/lucky/blessed/crying mode that makes me appreciate life so much, so I'm going to keep working on it. Plus it will probably be the longest post of my life, so I am waiting until I have just the right emotion status, and time frame to do it.

But in the mean time: Miles is the cutest little baby. And I cannot spend enough time with him, and I never want to leave him. I am recovering from child birth, we came home from the hospital on Monday. Nobody told me I would need constant ice packs on my undercarriage and strong pain meds for days/weeks after birth, but it is more than worth it. I will post more about the after birth recovery later when I feel like grossing you out. This is a time for comparing.

Who does Miles look like???????
I am not really stressed about it, but that's all anyone wants to talk about, and I never have good answers, so finally I rounded up some baby pictures.


Who did you get the most physical genes from Baby Miles???

Daddy?

Brad's face is longer than Miles' face. . So I think he has my cheeks and face structure.

But to me he has Brad's nose.

And Miles makes this face all the time. This picture could even pass for Miles.



This is the newest picture of Brad, I think he was 6 days old here.


This looks a lot like Miles, but obviously Brad is older here.

Now let's look at Mommy.
Hello swollen, and cheeks and hair.

Hair! And still a little swollen.

Oh Blessing day. I had the cheeks.


Now to me this looks like Miles, but gosh its so hard to tell!

Let's be honest here, this picture is 100th percentile in the adorable charts.

But this is probably my best newborn pic as far as being able to see features....
Now for Baby Miles.
Prepare to die of cuteness attack. (That's when pictures are so cute you have a cute attack and its hard to recover from that......so beware)

 Can you just melt my heart Miles??? Who do you look like?? I don't even know. 
Today Brad said a prayer, I hope its not terrible to quote prayers on your blog.
He said, "We are grateful for baby Miles."


He went on to say, "We are grateful he drew the long straw in the genetics pool."

I love how Brad said it in this way. Hopefully God has a sense of humor. Basically, thankful he is so cute. We are so in love. 

I always just dedicate my prayers to Miles now.

Thankful he is so perfect. Thankful he is healthy. All my thanks are directed towards him.

And all my 'please bless' sayings are directed at him.
Please bless he will be healthy. Please please bless he will be safe.

This is a picture of him the day he was born. Well....he was born at 2 AM, and we spent a foggy Saturday in the hospital.

So this is at 4 PM. After we had all had a little rest.

We will talk more about our hospital stay/birth story later.
For now...we are comparing.
Does Miles look like Mommy???

Or does Miles look like Daddy?

We will forever be in this questioning process?

We again are so happy and blessed to have this wonderful baby in our lives. 
We can't tell him we love him enough. I can't stop kissing him all over his face. I love being his mama. 
I love how our family has become so much more. I love him more than I ever knew my heart could handle. We had no idea bringing a child into this world was such a bonding beautiful experience. And I am here to tell you, this baby is more than a bundle of joy, he is more than any words could ever explain. Nobody tells you that having a baby will make you the happiest person you will ever be. Everyone always says its all about family. Now I really understand. 



5 comments:

Erica Tanner said...

Definitely Brad. Brad all the way, with your head. MIss you guys!

Sally said...

He looks nothing like you. Sorry Brit. But right now, he's all Brad. You can consider that a good thing since technically you don't want him to look like a girl. :)

Essentially Basic said...

lSo I think that he is so adorable that he is cuter than both of you! That's a cute thing since you are both so good looking.

He has huge eyes, I am not sure where he got those and so sweet.

MeganandClaudy said...

Congratulations. It really is the best thing ever invented.

Stephanie said...

So, so sweet. Everything seems a little closer to heaven with a newborn around. There's nothing like it.

Miles is so, so, so cute. You are correct: cuteness overload.