Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Saved by Screaming

Who can say they like a screaming baby?
Who can say they were saved by their screaming baby?
Me.
(I think he looks like a doll in this picture)

I had been to Sam's and a few other places and it was nearing bed time and being fed time for Miles.
And he is pretty good in the car...but he was SCREAMING, and I was just trying to get home, I had my right arm back holding his binkie in and that wasn't working, not to mention I drive a stick shift so I need my right arm, but I was shifting with my left and steering with my knee and my right arm was holding bink in. So it wasn't working he was at this point SCREAMING at the top of his lungs, and of course I am hitting every light and there is no where really reasonable for me to pull over and I AM almost home. So I turned on the duckie song on my phone and tossed it back there. But it was too late by that point, I saw a SUV police car flip around and follow me. He flipped his lights on and I said a silent prayer and already started to cry. Miles had mellowed to a normal cry, not full on screaming, but I wasn't about to get pulled over with no screaming baby, so I shut the duckie song off as I pulled to the side. Of course he started to scream loud again. The cop asked for my info as Miles was seriously screaming at the top of his lungs. 

Is there a reason for your hurry, you were going 52 in a 40. -Cop
Yes (motion through tears to Miles in the back). -Me
Time for bed? - Cop
Yes - Me
How old is he? - Cop
4 Months - Me
Okay well I'm just going to give you a verbal warning tonight. -Cop
Thank you (through tears) -Me
Have a good night Ma'm -Cop
Silent prayer for the nice man-Me

So I was saved by screaming.
I'm sure that happens a lot, but thank you to that cop who realized I was not a crazy road rager, and I was in a disaster of screaming.

I won't brag of how many tickets I haven't gotten because if I do, I will get one. But I have been pulled over more than you can count on one hand, with no tickets. But I consider it blessed.

Over Christmas we had our pictures taken. I think they turned out great. Although they aren't your beautiful Summer pictures, they are FROZEN tundra!
Miles was so cold. I just put him next to the heater right when we got inside.

Now we just have to have the Lubbock cotton fields pictures taken if we want to really fit in here!!!!



6 comments:

Justin and Carissa said...

Love Love Love those pictures. The snowy mountain in the back is beautiful. Really love them!

Stephanie said...

I have been pulled over two or three times and have gotten a ticket every time. I don't get it. Some people NEVER get tickets despite being pulled over. You are one lucky girl. Way to go, Miles!

Erica Tanner said...

That's awesome. Nice little Miles! Helping mommy save money and time!! ha.

Sally said...

Maybe I'm just super emotional right now, but I just cried when I read this. I have no idea why. Probably cuz I always cry when you cry. You just tug my little heart strings.

Sally said...

Oh and in the kissing pic, your bum looks very nice.

Natalie said...

Hooray for not getting a ticket! Great job, Miles!

And, yes, you're right. Those pictures ARE so cute!! You are the cutest :)