Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I know you all are Interested. Moma's Words.

Pretty sure you can't go WrONG with this Photo of my MAMO. Ps. she beat Brooke and I's time. For RIzzle.

So my mother what a gem she is. In one of my classes each student is required to give a thought. I chose today. Well I prepared it nicely. I was going to talk about motherhood, then ask my mother some nice questions and share a quote. I know you all love my mother, and I know you all love to hear what she has to say. Even if you are yet to meet her. Get a taste of this.
Here is the desired quote I planned to share.

M. Russel Ballard 'Daughters of God' April Conference Talk 2008 (so recent, so dont say it doesnt apply to our day....cuz it does-not that you were going to say that, but its not like i pulled this quote from 1979)

There is no one perfect way to be a mother. Each situation is unique. each mother has different challenges, different skills and abilities, and certainly different children. The choice is different and unique for each mother and each family. Many are able to be "full-time moms," at least during the most formative years of their children's lives, and many others would like to be. Some may have to work part-or-full-time; some may work and home; some may divide their lives into periods of home and family and work. What matters is that a mother loves her children deeply and, in keeping with the devotion she has for God and her husband, prioritizes them above all else.

With this in mind my mother is super unique. But probably right. 16 kids later, this is what she says:

ME:mom i have to give a thought in my early childhood class, i was just wondering if you would answer these questions for me. Ps I hope you know im going to talk about you. Im doing this tommorow. Sorry so short notice, i just got the idea.

1. What has been the most rewarding thing about being a mother?
(i didnt add or delete any words!)
Moma: ok tellme when yuou could have ateeth cleaning again i will work on it today!! and for #1 it would be that I instilled the desire for truth and honesty in the child. like one day lad (click here to meet lad) gets mad and says 'I'm mad I am not going to church i am mad' so Ian (click here to meet IAN) who is only 6 said, 'lad you have to go to church heavenly father and jesus will feel so bad if you dont go to church lad'..more later


2.Who is your favorite child? JK

Moma: (she left this one out..rude)

3. What makes you feel like you did your job as a mother?

Moma: I just did the dishes, tried to cook and always always put the children first!!!

4. In 1998 a book was published by judith rich harris called, 'The Nurture Assumption' Basically she said that Parents Don't Matter, and a child is only influenced by their peers and not their parents. What is your response to this and can you give an example from your own children that shows that parents do matter? Here is a link to read more about dearest judith http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judith_Rich_Harris

Moma: I know that a childs character is formed in the early years, the first time a child tells a lie, a mother needs to be there to say "we tell the truth always!" this is probably in the first yr of speech. When a child hits another child a mother needs to be there to say "we dont hit other children now tell them you are sorry!!,,When a child takes something off a grocery store shelf a mother needs to be there to say " we dont steal or take things that are ours!! If we make these valuable lessons very clear at a very young age, they will gravitate to peers that have their same value system in first grade and you do not have to worry about peers wrongly influencing them.

5. Have you ever felt like you could have done more as a parent? -and what was it?

Yes every day just be there for the child and when the child was feeling down or upset about something give them a hug and reinforce it with kinds words of gratitude for the child!!

6.What is something you wish teachers would teach your children at school?

I wish they would teach a stronger value based system. Integrity, cleanliness, stirve to do your best always, treat others kindly no matter what, etc.

7. What is something you gained a testimony of this week/month in regards to raising your children?

I gained a testimony of childrens deep feelings of needing to feel important and their worth to the rest of the family.. For family night we played a game called apple to apple ammon (click here to meet ammon-he is autistic) of course couldn't play but he wanted to be there and wanted to be part of the game at first we tried toget him to go to a room by himself when the spirit told me no he needs to be with the family and he wants to b e part of your family activities and we kept him in the room he was perfect for about an hour... I had some other instances too personal siiya love ma

listen to my moma! She is not crazy!

Wait.. I take that back. maybe a tad.

No comments: